Download:: High school basketball: DeMatha job open for just the second time in 65 years as Mike Jones departs for college job - OFFICIAL
- High school basketball: DeMatha coach Mike Jones returns to lead USA Men's U16's National Team
- MaxPreps High School Basketball Player of the Year from each state
- High school basketball scoreboard: No. 5 DeMatha defeats No. 19 Paul VI 109-107 in overtime thriller
- Preseason MaxPreps Top 25 high school basketball rankings: Players to watch, storylines for No. 10 DeMatha
- Jordan Hawkins named 2020-21 MaxPreps Maryland High School Basketball Player of the Year
- High school basketball: NFHS opens door for states to adopt 35-second shot clock
High school basketball: DeMatha job open for just the second time in 65 years as Mike Jones departs for college job
Stags leader ends 19-year tenure with 511-119 record, eight Washington Catholic Athletic Conference titles.
DeMatha (Hyattsville, Md.) head coach Mike Jones has accepted the associate head coach position with the program.
Jones coached DeMatha for the past 19 years and owns a record of 511-119 (.811 winning percentage) with eight Washington Catholic Athletic Conference championships. DeMatha finished 2020-21 ranked No. 4 in the MaxPreps Top 25 with a 9-0 record in an abbreviated campaign.
The 1991 DeMatha graduate took over the helm following the departure of legendary head coach Morgan Wootten, who led the Stags to a record of 1,274-192 from 1956-2002.
The school said via social media the search for Jones' replacement would begin in the coming weeks "but for now we celebrate with coach Jones this opportunity."
The next DeMatha coach will have massive shoes to fill after Wootten and Jones led the national powerhouse to 41 Washington Catholic Athletic Conference titles and won nearly 85 percent of their games over the past 65 seasons.