Download:: Dasan McCullough named 2020 OFFICIAL Kansas High School Football Player of the Year - OFFICIAL
- Kansas high school football rankings: Mill Valley crowned 2020 MaxPreps Champion, finishes No. 1
- High school football: Highest-scoring game each year since 1900
- High school football: Single-season touchdown leaders
- Miracle finish in Alabama football state championship game among top 10 high school sports moments of the fall
- Ranking each state's high school football Mount Rushmore
Dasan McCullough named 2020 MaxPreps Kansas High School Football Player of the Year
Ohio State pledge helped Blue Valley North reach Class 6A state championship game.
Dasan McCullough of Blue Valley North (Overland Park) is the 2020 MaxPreps Kansas High School Football Player of the Year. The 6-foot-5, 225-pound junior contributed on both sides of the ball but dominated defensively for the Mustangs, who went 7-3 en route to the Class 6A state championship game.
The son of the Kansas City Chiefs running backs coach Deland McCullough, the Blue Valley North star finished the year with 75 tackles, six tackles for loss, four interceptions and four forced fumbles.
McCullough is one of the nation's top Class of 2022 prospects according to 247Sports. The top 100 recruit committed to Ohio State last August over a reported 42 other offers – including College Football Playoff participants Alabama, Clemson and Notre Dame.
Each state's MaxPreps Player of the Year will be considered for inclusion in the MaxPreps All-America Team, which will be released Jan. 29.