Download:: High school basketball: Social media post suggests Bronny James has been cleared to play...but will he? - OFFICIAL
- High school basketball: Bronny James, D.J. Wagner headline list of sons of former NBA stars
- Bronny James makes high school basketball debut, No. 3 Sierra Canyon dominates opener
- Bronny James, D.J. Wagner headline sons of current and former NBA stars set to make an impact in high school basketball next season
- High school basketball: Top 50 Class of 2022 prospect Chance Westry leaves Sierra Canyon
- High school basketball: Sierra Canyon junior Amari Bailey scores 35 in 70-54 win over short-handed Windward
- Preseason MaxPreps Top 25 high school basketball rankings: Players to watch, storylines for No. 20 Sierra Canyon
- Extending the Season: No Sierra Canyon-Sheldon trilogy, but three fantastic finishes
High school basketball: Social media post suggests Bronny James has been cleared to play...but will he?
According to a post on Tik Tok, the son of LeBron James and Sierra Canyon sophomore is recovered from a torn meniscus suffered in early February.
Bronny James, the national Top 25 sophomore boys basketball recruit and son of LeBron James, is recovered from injury and ready to go just before the playoffs, according to a report.
A Tik Tok post by WhosNextHS indicated the 6-foot-2, 165-pound shooting guard from Sierra Canyon (Chatsworth, Calif.) has been "cleared to start hoopin' " after suffering a torn meniscus in early February.
Sierra Canyon, which had won two straight California Interscholastic Federation Open Division championships before the pandemic ended its 2019-20 season one game short of a possible third consecutive crown, will open the Southern Section playoffs next week.
A text Friday morning to Sierra Canyon coach Andre Chevalier to confirm James' health status or his plans to play for the Trailblazers was not immediately returned.
Sierra Canyon (10-0) is expected to be a top seed in the Open Division, which begins May 28. If it advances, Sierra Canyon would play in the Southern Regional, which takes place June 15-19. For a second straight year, there will be no CIF state basketball championships.
Ranked the No. 25 prospect in the Class of 2023 according to 247Sports, James came off the bench for Sierra Canyon's Southern California championship team last season. He figured to be a starter on the 2020-21 squad, which like the rest of the state had its season delayed until the spring only.According to the Los Angeles Daily News, James was competing for a Sierra Canyon club team, California Basketball Club, when the injury occurred.
LeBron James returned to the Los Angeles Lakers Wednesday in a 103-100 win over the Golden State Warriors and delivered a triple-double along with making the game-winning 3-pointer. He had missed 25 of the team's final 30 games due to an ankle injury before Wednesday and is waiting for the Lakers' series opener Sunday with the Phoenix Suns.
Sierra Canyon has maintained an unbeaten record despite numerous other setbacks besides Bronny's. At the top of the list is four-star guard Chance Westry, a Pennsylvania native who returned home earlier this month due to personal reasons. The No. 34 overall prospect from the Class of 2022, Westry averaged 14.2 points per outing in five appearances this season.